Dana 60 King Pin Spring Eliminator Kit
Crane Dana 60 King Pin Spring Eliminator Kit
Crane Axle Dana 60 King Pin Spring Eliminator Kit
The Crane Axle Dana 60 King Pin Spring Eliminator Kit is designed to eliminate the King Pin Springs on the top of any King Pin Dana 60 axle.
We placed heavy durometer bushings in the place of the weak springs that were designed for use with OEM wheels and tire weights. When upgrading wheels and tires on a Dana 60 axle, the stock king pin springs compress too much causing damage to the existing bushings and other king pin parts.
By removing the king pin spring entirely from the axle and creating a much tighter fitment with the Crane Axle King Pin Spring Eliminator Kit, you instantly upgrade your Dana 60 to handle a bigger tires and wheel weight while providing much greater longevity for your axle components.
Our kit works in ANY Dana 60 king pin axle.
If you are currently running a setup with the spring, you can use this kit with any Dana 60 knuckle and high steer arm.
Dana 60 King Pin Spring Eliminator Kit Installation Instructions:
When installing the Crane SE60’s, keep in mind to use all OEM procedures for disassembly/reassembly of the steering components.
- First, remove the 4 bolts/studs that secure the top cap or high steer arm and cap combo on the top of your king pin D60 knuckle.
- Remove the spring and retainer.
- Inspect the white cone bushing; if worn or damaged, replace with new bushings (provided with the Premium kit).
- Grease the white bushing with high temp wheel-bearing grease.
- Install the SE60 bushing with the large dished end downward onto the top of the white cone.
- Reassemble to OEM specs.
- Test the preload of the knuckle. Using a “fish scale”, it should have 20-25 lbs. of turning resistance. In production testing, NO shims have been needed to attain correct turning resistance. Should you wish greater preload, disassemble top cap and add one of the provided shims below or above the SE60 bushing and retest. If you have too much resistance with no shims installed, please call our techs for assistance.
|Axle Compatibility||Dana 60|